Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tip #79 From Mrs. Sunny


"Use 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' to teach your preschooler the concept of
Large, Medium, and Small"

I thought I would share with you one of the many things I'm trying to put together for Kristofer's homeschool materials before the new baby arrives because I know I won't have any time in just three months!

We all know the story. I just changed the wording to LARGE Father Bear, MEDIUM Mother Bear, and SMALL Baby Bear. Along with the LARGE cereal, MEDIUM cereal, and SMALL cereal...LARGE chair, MEDIUM chair, SMALL chair...and the LARGE bed, MEDIUM bed, and SMALL bed!

I just made pictures by hand portraying the different sizes of bears, cereal, chairs and beds to use along with the story and Kristofer loved it! Before telling the story I had him match up the sizes and then he helped tell the story.

Here's a picture of our settup. We started the story and I realized I didn't have a house for them to live in so we built one out of Jenga blocks which worked really well! Sorry I still don't know how to rotate pictures...if anyone knows let me know!















































"

No comments:

Post a Comment