Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tip #35 From Mrs. Sunny

"Praise, praise, praise your children!"

I'm excited to tell everyone that Kristofer has been in underwear for 3 days now! We tried this 6 months ago when he said he wanted to wear underwear but that lasted 1 day and I knew he wasn't ready.

This time it all started when I called the booster seat at our kitchen table a "baby chair". He sometimes still sat in it because he thought it was fun. But after calling it a baby chair, he said "I'm not a baby". I replied, "You're right. Kristofer is a big boy and big boys sit on potties as well!" And then he told me he wanted to wear underwear! Yes, that's how short the conversation was - he just up and decided!

I know this has come sooner than I thought because he has a wonderful friend at daycare (My daycare) that was just potty trained. The past few weeks I've asked if he wanted to sit on the potty, too and he said, "No, I'm just watching". So this friend was a great example and we are on our way to having ONE child in diapers! I'm really excited!

Now we are not accident free, that's for sure. But he definitely does not want a diaper on. I've only put them on at night, but this morning he was dry when he woke up!

So keep praising your children, whether it's for potty training or everyday exciting moments.

Sunny's Sunday Select: Provencal Tuna Melt
(Originally a Rachael Ray recipe, but I changed it up a bit...her ingredients are soo expensive! :)

3 cans tuna

3 T. oil
1/2-1 onion (depending on taste)
Basil, Rosemary, seasoning to taste
4 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice (or bottled lemon juice)

Butter your favorite sandwich bread, top with tuna and favorite cheese.

Set on a pan and put in your oven on BROIL.

Watch closely, in about 3 minutes the top will be crisp (and in 4 minutes it will be burnt...I know by experience!).

Flip the sandwiches and put in for another 3 minutes!

Enjoy your toasted sandwiches! It should make about 5 sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment