Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tip #36 From Mrs. Sunny

"Bad luck only makes you stronger :) ..."

Looking back two years ago when we moved into our current home, here is what went wrong in the first 6 months which is funny now:

1. Front rotted tree fell down (luckily not on the house!)
2. Leak from the sink light (replaced the roof this summer)
3. Clogged sink (Called Mr. Rooter)
4. Dishwasher broke (my fault - the bottom sprayer fell on the heater on the bottom...oops)
5. Sump pump went out - basement wet
6. Garage door stopped working (replaced motor)

These are probably some of the main reasons why I'm thrifty with my money...who knows what will go next...like in the last week...

1. Clogged sink again! (Didn't call Mr. Rooter this time - always find someone you know and trust!)
2. And our sump pump again went out...basement wet

But, we made it through the week!

Extra Tip: "Pour boiling water down your sink once a week to prevent clogging" - Mr. Rooter never told me that! And I have vowed not to use my sink disposal anymore, apparently it takes a lot of water for those to work well!

Alright, I'm done venting and thinking about all the money we have thrown at people the past two years!

Hope everyone survived all the rain the past two days...hang in there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment