Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tip #26 From Mrs. Sunny

"There is such thing as a lucky day!"

This morning the four kids and I took a walk before it got too hot and I noticed a Little Tikes toddler slide on the side of the road for garbage pick-up today. Being the "Queen of Thriftiness", I knocked on the door to see if anyone was home. She was surprised to see me, but very willing to let me have it! It's a little twisted underneath, but very workable! You should have seen me pushing kids in a double stroller, my son walking beside and me with this huge Little Tikes slide walking down the sidewalk to our house. Must have been a sight - but what a lucky find! :)

Then as you all know, I have been wanting to try my own detergent. I haven't been able to find the A&H Washing Soda (not baking soda) at any store, so I looked online and found a number to call. They happened to have FREE shipping until the end of the month! What a lucky deal! So I ordered two.

Now this may be an unlucky happening, I was just at Hy-Vee picking up 20 Mule Team & Fels Naptha soap for the homemade detergent and found washing soda just hours after ordering online. (At least I didn't pay shipping) I remember checking Hy-Vee a couple months ago and I never saw it. Oh-well. I'll know for next time!

So my washing soda is being delivered to my parents' house in 7-10 days (because for some reason they couldn't verify our home address) - but in just over a week I'll have an update on the detergent finally! Yay! I'm excited! If anyone wants to be here when I make it, let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment