Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tip #61 From Mrs. Sunny - Sunday Thoughts

"Let your children be care-free children"


Sunny has started the vigorous P90X fitness series, so I have been preparing food by a set meal plan for him. Nothing too exciting, and he hasn't complained a bit. I'm proud of his persistence! There's just nothing to post for Sunny's Sunday Select!

So it's "Sunday's Thoughts" today, because it's always a day I'm able to think about the coming week and life in general much more easily. Sunday is relaxing and less chaotic than the upcoming week.

I plan on homeschooling and I have been doing a lot of reading on when to start. I have concluded that I won't start anything formal until Kristofer turns 5. It's easy to get ahead of myself when you hear about all the 3 and 4 year old preschool programs out there. I just want Kristofer to be carefree and live these childhood days to the fullest. Of course, I am teaching him along the way, but nothing formal.

Check out the link below...great perspectives on waiting to formally teach your children:

http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/early.htm#readiness

Enjoy your carefree Sunday with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment