Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tip #67 From Mrs. Sunny



"Make homemade fruit smoothies!"

So I'm not finding out what this baby is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a boy. I am having a hard time eating fruits and veggies which is how I was with Kristofer. I would rather have salty chips or pizza, honestly. But I decided I needed to start doing something about eating those fruits and veggies. I remembered eating a lot of smoothies with Kristofer, so I'm starting it again!

All I put in the blender is the following:

Frozen apples (Every summer I cut and freeze apples for the year from my brother's apple tree and trees my dad finds around the country-side...this is a great filler for me because the apples didn't cost me a thing!)

Frozen berries including strawberries, raspberries and blueberries (I buy these all in frozen bulk at the store...these can be pricey but Sam's is a great place to buy them!)

Then I add a little juice for the sweetness without adding sugar and water until it's the right consistency

No need to add ice cubes if you're using frozen fruits! You obviously can add any fruit you want and it's a great way to use up fruit before it goes bad and I know adding yogurt is great in them as well!

***Enjoy those frozen fruit smoothies - they're oh-s0-good for you! It's the only way I can choke down those fruits these days!***

No comments:

Post a Comment