Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tip #64 From Mrs. Sunny

"As parents, sometimes our kids need a little nudge..."



Remember my blog a while back saying I was trying to get Kathryne in her own room. I caved. I was not getting any sleep. For one, she just knew I wasn't in the same room and secondly, she kept rolling into the side of the crib and waking up!

So she's back in the pack n' play in our room, which I honestly don't mind. Normally she would sleep well until 5:30, then she would sleep in our bed until about 7:00. But this past week, she has been waking up every time that darn pacifier fell out of her mouth! I know, I know, my goal was to get rid of it at the age of one...she seemed too young then and I wanted my sleep.

Kristofer never really used one, and I always wished he had, because he screamed all the time in the car. But it was nice not having to take it away. When Kathryne turned one I only gave it to her when she was sleeping or in the jeep.

But now she's not sleeping well anymore and I think the pacifier is starting to hold her back. From 1:30-3:00 last night she woke up 3 times because it fell out of her mouth and I had had it. I took it away and she wasn't very happy. She calmed down as soon as we went downstairs because she doesn't associate downstairs with going to sleep. She let me hold her and ended up falling asleep at 5:00 watching Little House on the Prairie with me. So it took 2 hours and a few tears, but I had to do it sometime.

And she just barreled out of bed now at 8:30 happy as a pea. I confess when Kristofer woke up at 6:30, I put in a movie and went back to bed. Being pregnant and missing 2 hours of sleep just doesn't mix well.

We'll see how the nap and this evening goes with no pacifier...wish me luck and few prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment