Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tip #69 From Mrs. Sunny

Continuing a previous post..."Make a prayer table at home!"

I finally finished our table by finding an old piano bench at St. Vinny's here in town. I put it in the corner by the kids' rooms. I love how the top opens, so I can store things inside for different seasons if I wish as well.

I found the picture of "laughing Jesus" a few weeks ago and I love it. What a great way to see Jesus every morning when the kids get out of bed! You can add anything to the table that you want that corresponds to your religion or beliefs.



I recently read a little about children and their relationship with God. They're born with this love for God and they just need their parent's help to bring out this relationship in their daily lives. One way to do this is by setting up a prayer table for them to express their thoughts and feelings about God. It's like giving them the tools to grow closer to God on their own.

Hope this is an inspiration for you all! It's amazing watching my kids "play" at the table. I teach them it's sacred and they know to keep everything at the table...a great lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment