Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tip #68 From Mrs. Sunny

"Always remember you're better at the 'parenting thing' than you think!"

So the Sundstrom family was at Olive Garden a few nights ago, because when Mrs. Sunny is pregnant, we go out-t0-eat a lot more often (And no one complains either!)

From our standpoint it was a lot of work keeping the kids occupied and polite...Kathryne had to keep eating ice cubes and when she didn't have one we heard, and Kristofer needed constant reminders to sit on his butt and almost tipped his chair backwards.

As the couple next to us were leaving, they stopped and said, "We wanted to commend you on how well your two boys (yes, they thought my hairless daughter in a pink shirt was a boy...) are behaving and eating their meals!"

Wow, we thought. That was nice of them to say. Although as parents we all know it takes a lot of work keeping kids under control at a restaurant, know that you're better at the parenting thing than you think!
___________________________________________________

I wanted to add the recent craft my kids made for Halloween. We made hand print trees and pumpkin sponge prints...Kristofer loved this and added his own leaves with markers.




I must say that I am not an organized mother when it comes to things like this, and I know I'm not going to be the most organized homeschool mother either. That's not to say they aren't going to learn! I'm more of a spur-of-the-moment type of parent and teacher. I was standing in the kitchen, found a sponge and came up with the craft. Just know that what ever type of parent you are, you are doing an amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment