Monday, April 5, 2010

Tip #11 From Mrs. Sunny

"Patience, patience, patience..."

Lots of people say I have all the patience in the world. I do, being a mother, having a teaching license and being a daycare provider, it's much needed. No one's perfect, though and like any husband, Sunny sees me at my worst and my patience can run out.

But, I'm proud of myself tonight.
Sunny works Monday nights for extra money, leaving me to put two kids to bed by myself. I stayed calm, it may have taken an hour and a half, but they're sleeping!

Here's a rundown of how my night just went...

7:30 - Kristofer reads his library books
7:45- We "march" as dinosaurs, cows ( whatever Kristofer's interested in that day)
to bed with books in hand
We say prayers and he lays his head down
7:50 - I lay down with Kathryne and get her asleep
8:00 - Kristofer asks for some milk - I get him some milk
8:15 - Kristofer is cold - I change him into warmer pajamas ("Doggy" pajamas)
Now he's mad I took off the "Pooh" pajamas
I put "Pooh" on his glow sea horse - he says "Thank You"
8:30 - He's yelling something, can't understand it
Go in, and he's got his hand stuck in his sleeve - he wants "Pooh" back on
I change Pooh, then he wants "Doggy" on sea horse - I put it on him.
8:45 - He comes walking in my room saying, "Mommy's room"
I try begging quietly saying that Kathryne's sleeping - but he's about in tears
He surprisingly laid down quietly in my bed - I fixed his blanket
9:00 -Kristofer's asleep - yay!
9:15 - I carry him back to bed so Sunny has a place to sleep when he
gets off work at 2 am! Surprisingly, Kathryne stayed sleeping through this all!

Now it's 9:50 and I'm wide awake...at what age do they go to sleep and stay asleep in an easier manner?


2 comments:

  1. at our house--kindergarten. Except in the case of thunderstorms or nightmares. I'm hoping by high school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, Kristofer hasn't had problems with the storms...you must be running on lack of sleep due to all these storms! And yeah, by high school, but by then you don't get sleep from waiting until they get home, right?

    ReplyDelete