Friday, April 30, 2010

Tip #19 From Mrs. Sunny

"Keep Your Life In Balance"

This is definitely easier said than done. I went to a great speaker, Matthew Kelly, this past Sunday. He talks about the 4 areas of life: Physical, Spiritual, Intellectual & Emotional.

As long as these are balanced, we will lead much fuller lives and draw closer to God...

Physical: Obviously eat right and exercise

Spiritual: Go into the "Classroom of Silence" every day - prayer

Intellectual: "You are what you read" - read a good book 10 minutes a day ( at least)

Emotional: Always stay connected with the relationships most important to you

Pretty simple stuff, yet our lives can seem so busy...

With two kids, I have the hardest time with the spiritual area. Beyond church on Sunday, teaching religious ed on Wednesday, I find myself saying "horizontal prayer" at night while I'm falling asleep. Sunny gets off work at 7 most nights, leaving a few hours to catch up before bed. Can anyone relate? I need to make this a priority again...the mornings have worked best for me in the past. Let me know what works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment