Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tip #5 from Mrs. Sunny

"Stick to your guns when you have a toddler throwing a fit at Wal-Mart...and bite your tongue when anyone tries to help."

So I went to Wal-Mart tonight about a half hour before Kristofer's bedtime which is a big no-no. But I realized we had run out of diapers. I use cloth diapers during the day - but disposable at night.

He has been known to refuse to sit in the cart, no matter what time of day, so as soon as we pulled into the parking lot and he said "No cart" - I knew I was in for it.

I was carrying him kicking and screaming through Wal-Mart, grabbed diapers and went to the self check-out with him kicking and screaming. As soon as we got back to the vehicle - I realized I forgot the bag - of course! Let's top the night of, right? :)

I forgot to add, that the Wal-Mart greeter kindly tried to help by giving Kristofer a sticker. It didn't help.

So we go back in and Kristofer finally decided he would sit in the cart and the man who helped earlier gave him two stickers for sitting. I did appreciate that since he finally did sit, but rewarding him for not sitting I had to just smile and nod.

I love Kristofer to death - he certainly has a strong spirit! :) .


No comments:

Post a Comment