Friday, March 26, 2010

Tip #6 From Mrs. Sunny

"Never underestimate the abilities of a farm girl!"

The last two days I have dug my first garden! (Okay, my brother who lives in our basement, and his friend, helped with 1/4 of it after much prodding...) Sunny didn't think I could get it accomplished by myself and technically I didn't, but it was pretty darn close!

I priced renting a garden tiller and the cheapest was $39.99 for the day. Anyone who knows me really well, knows I don't pay much for anything. If I'm putting in a garden not only for the fresh organic produce, but to save a little money, there's no way I'm renting a tiller for more than $10!

So I turned over the grass and now I'm waiting for it to die enough for me to loosen the ground! I grew up with a mom who always had a garden every summer, but I've never actually started one myself...we'll see how it goes!

At least Kristofer has already enjoyed digging for worms in the ground! When he saw the first one he said, "A tail!". He always sees things interestingly. He saw the opening and closing parentheses on the keyboard and said "A moon!" What great connections! Sorry, I'm straying from my post here...

Wish me luck on the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment