Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tip #38 From Mrs. Sunny

"To all you super-moms...Some days (or weeks), just let laziness prevail!"

This week has been my worst week for sleep and I don't have an infant in the house anymore! Kristofer is doing better and better with the potty training. It has been over two weeks and he has only wet the bed twice. But this also means he has been getting up early needing to go to the bathroom...by early I mean 4:45 one morning!

This morning was finally better. He has always been an early-waker and it has always drove me crazy. I've tried everything including keeping him up late, but he just gets up earlier and over-tired. I have come to the conclusion that he is just a morning person. When he wakes up, he sits on the potty while watching one cartoon and the night before I fill his milk in the fridge, put a snack on the piano bench with a few games he can play after the show's over.

(If you know me I'm not a big TV person, but I have come to realize there are times when it works to my advantage as a life-saver and he knows how to self-control by turning the TV off himself after one cartoon...seriously.)

So that's what I've come up with to help Kristofer in the morning. Kathryne is finally sleeping in her "cage", or that's what I call the crib she's sleeping in. But really, she likes sleeping in it now I just love my baby sleeping with me. She's just not a baby anymore - how did she get to be a toddler! Anyways, Sunny isn't getting much sleep and although I loved sleeping next to her at night, I probably wasn't getting the best sleep either. So the first part of this week I was getting her back to sleep every time she realized I wasn't with her in the crib. (I've got a spare bed in her room I can always lay with her in.) But last night she slept really well and she's liking her new room! Yay!

This past week was pretty lazy and sorry for flopping on my " Sunny's Sunday Select". We had leftovers and egg sandwiches (fried egg on bread with cheese if you choose...a great protein meal on the fly! :)

But the upcoming week is looking promising for good sleep! It's okay to have a lazy week all you super-moms out there! It's inevitable!

No comments:

Post a Comment