Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tip #43 - Teaching Moment Tuesday


"Basic 'play' is essential to the development of children"

I had to put this picture of Kathryne and her saggy cloth diaper. It makes me smile. As you can see our sandbox is full water after a hard rain, but that doesn't phase my kids. There's no greater sensory than water and sand! Needless to say, they were hosed off after this!

As Kristofer gets closer to preschool age I'm starting to make "teaching" materials for him, but the one thing he and Kathryne really need at this age is to PLAY! I love seeing Kristofer and his daycare friend run around outside pretending to be "puppies" or any other pretend playing that they come up with on their own. They're learning and they don't even know it!

Enjoy the last of summer and get those kids out and playing at the park or running around with some friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment