Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tip #44: World Vision Wednesday

"Save money with energy efficient refrigerators"

Like I have mentioned before, you never know when you'll need a little extra money. Last week our fridge upstairs stopped running and it was only 8 years old! When we were at Lowe's picking out a new one I asked what the average life of a fridge was and the sales guy said 10 years - that blew me away!

After paying for it and picking the delivery day I second-guessed myself and thought maybe we should have looked for a used fridge and then this week we got our Alliant Energy newsletter which said that if you have a fridge:

From the 1970's - costs an extra $246/year to run

From the 1980's - costs an extra $190/ year to run

From the early 1990's - costs an extra $143/year to run

...so I decided I might as well get a new fridge and be happy knowing I'm saving money each year! And if you have an old running refrigerator, freezer or window air conditioner Alliant will pay you to pick up and recycle it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment