Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tip #57 From Mrs. Sunny - Teaching Tuesday


"Look into the Montessori method of teaching for different teaching ideas for your preschooler!"

A friend of mine is a Montessori teacher, so this method of teaching always inspires me. Above Kristofer is doing his "work", practicing sweeping. I love how each activity has certain steps and there's a place for everything. First he dumped the rocks, then swept them between the taped lines, then swept them in the dust pan. Then he repeats the process as often as he wants!

Not only is this everyday living, but great fine-motor skills. He loved it. Children love repetition and that's how they learn. This will definitely be pulled out again soon I'm sure.

Check out my blog roll, I have a few Montessori blogs you can check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment