Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tip #45 From Mrs. Sunny - Thankful Thursday

"Very obvious, but... "Be thankful to be alive!"

Life can get pretty hectic: Typical day of a typical family

Fall asleep. Tend to Kathryne with a cold. Decide to stay up and see if she stays asleep. Read a book. Tend to child with a cold. Bring her in bed to get her asleep (a big no-no when trying to keep her in her crib, but she has a cold) Bring her back to the crib and fall asleep. Kristofer wakes at 6 a.m. (which is great for Kristofer) wanting "pancakes". Don't have pancakes - we eat cereal. He plays outside. Kathryne wakes at 7:30! Yay! She eats on the deck. Say hi to the neighbor and daycare kids start arriving!

This all happens in between cleaning the kitchen. I can't stand doing that in the evening, I'm a morning person. So I sweep, unload and load the dishes, and switch laundry before the other kids arrive.

Then we play outside in the sand, in the pool, have snack, play outside again, eat lunch, read books, take a nap, play more, dance to music and kids are heading home!

Then all-of-a-sudden I think, "What's for supper?" I'm good at making a list of meals I want to make when getting groceries, but I don't write down what day I will make each meal. (Maybe I should work on that...maybe next week)

Sunny gets home late so I end up eating with the starving kids and warming it up for Sunny when he gets home.

We hang out for an hour, kids go to bed and we start all over again!

Does anyone else seem to have monotonous days? Sunny and I have gone to two movies in the last month which is really impressive for us. Sunny had seen a couple movies with my brother but it had been 2 years for me! And soon our bowling league will be starting so we will get out once a week. It's really important to get away.

And always remember that no matter how hectic life gets. How tired and snappy you may get with the kids at times (and your hubby), that it's important to be thankful to be alive and do better the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment